Salt River Agricultural Improvement and Power District
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Salt River Agricultural Improvement and Power District (SRP) is currently the nation’s third-largest public power utility, serving one million customers. SRP is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for achievements in the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes, Certified Products, and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) programs. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of nearly 5,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total of more than 14,500 since joining the program.
- Establishing an ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps program focused on training customers, as well as pool professionals, to understand the benefits of variable-speed pool pumps. In 2016, this program influenced the sale of more than 3,600 ENERGY STAR pool pumps, which is estimated to save 38 million kilowatt hours (kWh) over the lifetime of those products.
- Collaborating with other local organizations to deliver the HPwES program. In 2016, SRP engaged in many creative marketing campaigns, including sponsoring commercial-free radio listening during afternoon drive time and taking over a local news webpage for Earth Day.
- Enrolling 57 builders in the certified homes program, an increase of nearly 22 percent over 2015.
- Developing an upstream buy-down residential lighting program, leveraging both manufacturers and retailers across Arizona, to discount the retail price of ENERGY STAR certified light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs.