Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Saint-Gobain manufactures a range of building products and high-performance materials at more than 130 plants throughout North America. The company also distributes building materials through 120 outlets in the United States. Saint-Gobain businesses include ADFORS, CertainTeed, Norandex Building Materials Distribution, Meyer Decorative Surfaces, Saint-Gobain Abrasives, Saint-Gobain Ceramic Materials, Saint-Gobain Crystals, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, and Saint-Gobain NORPRO. Saint-Gobain is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for sustained energy management across its operations. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy intensity by 17 percent since 2008.
- Building a new Saint-Gobain and CertainTeed U.S. headquarters site that has been Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR.
- Piloting an automated energy data collection system and dashboard at 30 sites.
- Engaging and motivating executives and energy champions through an energy survey and energy performance compensation plan for sites, businesses, and corporate management teams.
- Providing leadership in the building material industry and supporting EPA in its kickoff of a new ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Gypsum Board Manufacturing.
- Communicating the value of energy efficiency to a broad variety of audiences.