Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Raytheon Technologies Corporation (RTX) is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military, and government customers worldwide. In 2020 the combining of the aerospace businesses of Raytheon Company and United Technologies Corporation resulted in two corporate energy programs uniting into one stronger program to create new energy, greenhouse gas, and water policies and develop a long-term management roadmap. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Establishing new energy and water conservation policies and implementing projects to reach $1.5 million in annual energy savings from 101 projects.
- Completing an assessment of the company’s opportunities for renewable energy and other demand management strategies.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR Aerospace Group by sharing best energy management practices.
- Collaborating with EPA to support and engage companies in the New England Best Practices Network to facilitate energy management in the Northeast.
- Leading its virtual Energy Efficiency Challenge and treasure hunts to identify and share energy savings opportunities during the pandemic.
- Utilizing the new intranet site and newsletters to reach 180,000 RTX employees with energy management information.
- Partnering with local utilities to promote ENERGY STAR certified products and efficiency measures to employees through virtual energy fairs that save over 1.2 million kWh a year.