Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation company specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. Raytheon promotes ENERGY STAR to suppliers, regional organizations, employees and stockholders as a major contributor to its success. Raytheon Company is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its strategic focus, adoption of new technologies and participation in ENERGY STAR initiatives. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a one and a half-percent absolute energy reduction across operations in 2017. Over the last two years, the company has improved energy performance by more than 4 percent.
- Saving $1.7 million from the completion of more than 60 energy projects and initiatives.
- Benchmarking and sharing best energy management practices with aerospace industry partners through ENERGY STAR.
- Advancing the company’s Smart Campus strategy and technology implementation at the Tucson, Arizona campus and initiating it at the Massachusetts and Rhode Island locations to minimize energy consumption while improving occupant comfort.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification of the Raytheon Corporate Headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts and two other office buildings.
- Engaging 3,600 employees to learn about ENERGY STAR and take action during its Energy Action Month Challenge, fostering an alliance with the company’s Global Health Services group to promote energy efficiency to employees during other healthy habit events, and executing the Raytheon Turn Off the Tap Challenge.
- Leading ENERGY STAR information webinars with key suppliers and members of the Green Building Council of Southern California.