Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security, and civil markets throughout the world. Raytheon is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for expanded collaboration of the energy program across the company. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a three-percent reduction in energy use from 2014, saving more than $3 million in annual energy costs.
- Reaching a 16.7-percent energy intensity improvement from the 2008 baseline, exceeding the goal of 10 percent. The company initiated a new 5-year energy roadmap and company goal to reduce intensity an additional 10 percent by 2020.
- Engaging and rewarding employees in energy management through the innovative “Shining Stars” and “On-the-Spot” recognition programs.
- Increasing the amount of greenhouse gas emissions avoided through the ENERGY STAR Change the World campaign twentyfold.
- Partnering with the EPA’s New England office and others to launch a regional ENERGY STAR industrial partner networking group.
- Helping customers reduce operational costs and carbon footprints, including construction of a Microgrid Control System at the Marine Corps Air Station in Miramar, California.