Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Raytheon Company is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security, and civil markets throughout the world. Following the company’s realignment in 2013—with six business units merging into four—Raytheon’s energy team transformed to accomplish greater energy achievements during 2014. Raytheon is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for expanded collaboration of the energy program across the company and for adding focus on customer and supplier engagement. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a three-percent energy reduction and saving over $3 million in the past year and a 14-percent improvement in absolute energy since 2008.
- Identifying new goals, strategies, and resources while adding water management as a component of the energy team’s mission.
- Working with customers to reduce their carbon footprints and energy requirements, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Establishing three Key Focus Area teams with attention to optimization of data systems, building systems, and employee engagement.
- Participating in the New England ENERGY STAR Industrial Energy Management Best Practices Network and hosting the third quarter meeting.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR partnership to 500 suppliers in addition to assisting customers, suppliers, and contractors in reducing operating costs and carbon footprints.
- Enhancing employee awareness efforts from the “Energy Citizens” campaign to a new company-wide “Sustainability Star” program.