Public Service Company of Oklahoma
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Public Service Company of Oklahoma serves 544,000 customers across the State. The utility is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its increased support of the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program, direct engagement with stakeholders, and public outreach efforts. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of 165 ENERGY STAR certified homes, a 54 percent increase since 2016.
- Promoting the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes online and implementing a new marketing campaign with heavy presence during the annual Parade of Homes tour, which featured tours of two ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Collaborating extensively with ten of the most influential builders in the market--including the largest production builder in the territory—to educate customers about the benefits of ENERGY STAR.
- Sponsoring two Green Courses with the Great Plains Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, with a total of 45 attendees; PSO also certified 18 new Green Appraisers, with the goal of having ENERGY STAR certified homes appraised at a higher value than homes built to code.
- Offering additional incentives for ENERGY STAR certified lighting and heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning products.
- Engaging in a special pilot project with the Choctaw Nation Housing Authority to provide rebates and design assistance for 50 new homes for elderly residents.