Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO)
ENERGY STAR Promotion
Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO) serves approximately 544,000 customers. The PSO portfolio of energy efficiency programs has engaged more than 270 service providers, 21 builders, eight Home Energy Raters, 38 business trade allies, and thousands of customers. PSO is receiving ENERGY STAR® recognition for its distinguished promotion of Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) and its support of the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving the greatest income segment and geographic diversity participation rates in the PSO HPwES program by marketing to Comanche and Choctaw Nation Housing Authorities, along with many rental properties such as duplexes, triplexes, townhomes, and smaller single family housing.
- Recruiting non-heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) companies to participate in the HPwES program to diversify the contractor base, including companies that focus on insulation, air sealing, and duct sealing.
- Promoting HPwES at community events including Chamber of Commerce meetings, Home and Garden Shows, senior center meetings, and business expos.
- Supporting the construction of 105 ENERGY STAR certified homes and launching an online Learning Center offering a variety of technical courses for program participants.
- Recruiting, training, and sponsoring HVAC companies and Home Energy Raters in key markets, credentialing of seven HVAC companies and four Home Energy Raters.