PSEG Long Island
Uniondale, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
PSEG Long Island operates the Long Island Power Authority’s transmission and distribution system. PSEG Long Island successfully promoted ENERGY STAR certified products and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR services to reach more customers, including low- to moderate-income customers. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Achieving more than 140,000 MWh and 410,000 MMBTU in energy savings through its energy efficient products program, processing more than 16,000 incentive for ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers and dryers, heat pump water heaters, dehumidifiers, and variable speed pool pumps.
- Leveraging the ENERGY STAR brand on over 120,000 program materials and displays including educational materials explaining ENERGY STAR and ENERGY STAR Most Efficient.
- Offering on-bill financing options and tiered rebates to help low and middle-income households complete Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) upgrades, providing $2.2 million in incentives to improve more than 650 homes.
- Creating a Home Energy Assessment (HEA) audit tool, which incorporates the DOE Home Energy Score and enables contractors to better present energy efficiency savings opportunities and available rebates to homeowners. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, more than 2,500 HEAs were completed.
- Piloting a whole home solution program that leverages incentives from both its HPwES and Home Comfort Programs to encourage beneficial electrification and reduce dependency on fossil fuels.