PSEG Long Island
Uniondale, New York
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PSEG), a publicly traded diverse energy company receiving Partner of the Year recognition. PSEG Long Island demonstrates innovation among energy efficiency programs and continues to improve the experience for contractors and customers participating in programs. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Incentivizing 3.3 million LED bulbs and nearly 1,500 Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) projects.
- Providing tiered rebate for low-and-middle income HPwES customers: Assisted (50 percent capped at $4,000) and Enhanced (100% capped at $4,000). These two tiers account for 72 percent of completed projects in 2018 and over $4.4 million in rebates.
- Launching a new online contractor portal that reduces contractor administrative time required to participated in the utility program.
- Offering free home energy assessments to all customers to educate them on the benefits and potential savings available via the HPwES. This effort resulted in over 5,600 completed assessments.
- Partnering with the U.S. Department of Energy to administer the Home Energy Score. PSEG Long Island is now 5th in the nation in producing Home Energy Scores and has completed more than 6,800 Home Energy Score assessments to date.
- Educating underserved audiences about the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products, establishing new program agreements with dollar stores to target low to moderate income customers. PSEG also collaborated with Long Island Harvest and Long Island Cares to distribute more than 300,000 certified LEDs to local food banks.
- Exceeding annual goals for its ENERGY STAR certified lighting and appliance programs by the third quarter of 2018 due to high customer participation in the ENERGY STAR lighting, dehumidifiers, clothes washers, room air purifiers and pool pump categories, while promoting. the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2018 marketing designation.