PSEG Long Island
Uniondale, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
PSEG Long Island is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group, a publicly traded, diversified energy company with annual revenues of more than $10 billion. PSEG Long Island is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its prominent integration of the ENERGY STAR platform in its Energy Efficient Products and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) programs on Long Island. Key accomplishments in 2014 include:
- Promoting a wide range of other ENERGY STAR products in partnership with trade allies, state agencies, local municipalities, and other stakeholder organizations. Field representatives worked with 700 retail partners to promote ENERGY STAR lighting and appliances with more than 150,000 program materials and redesigned product labeling and displays highlighting ENERGY STAR.
- Leading its peers in promoting and offering incentives for electric dryers certified to the new ENERGY STAR specification in 2014, and later introducing incentives for heat pump clothes dryers, in advance of the January 2015 effective date.
- Providing incentives on 3,333 ENERGY STAR certified pool pumps representing an almost 1,666-percent increase over its 2014 program goal.
- Generating in excess of 17 megawatts or 115 percent of its 2014 goal, and more than 126,000 megawatt hours or 108 percent of its 2014 goal through the ENERGY STAR-focused products program, largely due to high customer participation in the ENERGY STAR lighting and pool pump product categories.
- Continuing to innovate and develop the market for services in Long Island by offering realtime assessments with the DOE Home Energy Score, collaborating with NYSERDA on reaching low-income markets and expanding the home performance workforce, resulting in 3,042 completed HPwES projects in 2014.