Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
In 2009, Providence Homes committed to building only ENERGY STAR® certified homes. Providence makes educating homeowners and realtors about its features and benefits a priority. Providence Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to building and promoting energy efficient homes. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 190 ENERGY STAR certified homes, with a projected median annual energy savings of more than $700 per home.
- Opening a new demonstration home featuring open walls and ceilings with visual aids to highlight ENERGY STAR advantages, for both ongoing ENERGY STAR staff training and consumer education.
- Running a “Cooler Attics” campaign on Facebook, LinkedIn, and the web, while featuring the ENERGY STAR “Simple Choice” and “Better is Better” videos prominently.
- Using open-cell spray foam in the attics to help reduce the effects of duct leakage and reducing the size of a home’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
- Reducing the number of comfort-related callbacks after closing due to using the Thermal Enclosure System Rater Checklist to improve the quality of the insulation installation process.