Partner of the Year
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
In 2009, Providence Homes made the decision to build only ENERGY STAR® certified homes and is fully engaged in educating homeowners and realtors about its features and benefits. Providence Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its commitment to building and promoting energy-efficient homes. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 140 ENERGY STAR certified homes and more than 800 homes since joining the program in 2009.
- Running ads in local publications for realtors emphasizing the company’s 100-percent commitment to ENERGY STAR, and having seven ENERGY STAR certified homes from the Northeast Florida Builders’ Association Parade of Homes featured in local publications that reached 25,000 potential homebuyers.
- Creating ENERGY STAR Education Rooms in all model homes with displays and video featuring the benefits and savings of owning an ENERGY STAR certified home, and featuring the “Better is Better” video prominently on the company’s homepage.
- Using open-cell spray foam in the attics to help reduce the effects of duct leakage and reducing the size of a home’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
- Reducing the number of comfort-related callbacks after closing due to using the Thermal Enclosure System Rater Checklist to improve the quality of the insulation installation process.