Partner of the Year
New Home Construction
Providence Homes, Inc. is one of the largest locally owned and operated home building companies in the Jacksonville, Florida, area. In 2009, the company made the decision to build only ENERGY STAR® certified homes and is fully engaged in educating homeowners and realtors about their features and benefits. Providence Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its commitment to building and promoting energy efficient homes. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Building more than 150 ENERGY STAR certified homes with a projected median annual home energy savings of $737.
- Running two ads for six months in local publications, reaching 4,000 real estate professionals and showcasing the company’s commitment to ENERGY STAR, with additional ads on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Requiring all sales associates to give presentations highlighting ENERGY STAR certified homes at local real estate offices throughout the year, and featuring the “Better is Better” video prominently on the company’s homepage.
- Facilitating a trade council consisting of 13 key trades and staff members, with the goal of increasing energy efficiency while reducing construction costs. As a result, the company has reduced the amount of lumber used in its homes and lowered construction costs by $200 per home.
- Reducing HVAC warranty-related expenses by 81 percent from 2008 to 2013.
- Entering four homes in the Northeast Florida Builders Association Parade of Homes, all of which highlighted the benefits and features, including cost savings, of ENERGY STAR certified homes.