Principal Real Estate Investors, LLC
Des Moines, Iowa
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Principal Real Estate Investors, LLC is the dedicated real estate investment group of Principal Global Investors. Principal Real Estate has continually integrated ENERGY STAR programs and resources into its energy management and investment strategies and has continued its corporate commitment to energy conservation. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 39 buildings in 2019.
- Achieving more than a 2 percent reduction in average weather normalized source energy use intensity from 2018 to 2019, contributing to more than $60 million in cumulative avoided energy costs and over $107 million in potential increased asset value since 2008.
- Achieving more than 19 million kilowatt hours of energy savings from its fourth year of the Energy Playbook program.
- Completing its first year of its PRPI Cornerstone Awards program by recognizing five properties for sustainability leadership and sharing their accomplishments with stakeholders via property team newsletters, Twitter posts, website articles and award packets to the winning teams.
- Initiating automated utility data collection and entry into ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® for 31 office, multifamily and retail properties.
- Expanding on its third-party property assessments to include identification of tenant engagement initiatives to better understand their impact on energy reduction activities.