Principal Real Estate Investors, LLC
Des Moines, Iowa
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Principal Real Estate Investors is the dedicated real estate investment group of Principal Global Investors, providing investment management support for retirement plans and institutional clients and receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Principal Real Estate has continually integrated ENERGY STAR programs and resources into its energy management and responsible property investing strategies and has continued its corporate commitment to energy conservation. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving more than a three percent reduction in average weather normalized source energy use intensity from 2017 to 2018, contributing to more than $52 million in cumulative avoided energy costs and over $137 million in potential increased asset value since 2008.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 57 buildings in 2018, for a cumulative total of more than 610 certifications since 2009.
- Achieving more than 12 million kilowatt hours of energy savings from its third year of the Energy Playbook program.
- Launching the Cornerstone Awards, a program recognizing the leadership and engagement in sustainability efforts by its property teams and joint venture partners, with special emphasis placed on energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR.
- Initiating automated utility data collection and entry into ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® for 30 office, multifamily, and retail properties.