Principal Real Estate Investors
Des Moines, Iowa
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Principal Real Estate Investors is the dedicated real estate investment group of Principal Global Investors. Principal Real Estate has continued to integrate ENERGY STAR® programs and resources into its energy management and investment strategies and has maintained its corporate commitment to energy conservation. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 31 buildings.
- Implementing a strategy to audit ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® property accounts to foster improved benchmarking and launching a quarterly review of properties eligible for ENERGY STAR certification.
- Launching a new ESG policy and 12 corresponding guidelines, revamping internal communications, and tracking energy efficiency and emissions performance through enhanced performance reports. These initiatives support its goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions 40% by 2035.
- Developing a Green Power Procurement Guide to help properties determine the best methodology for securing renewable energy and a resource for property managers to show how to benchmark renewable energy in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Continuing to integrate properties into its PRPI initiative by benchmarking properties in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, training accompanying property managers, and including properties in its bimonthly property manager PRPI Newsletter and quarterly Portfolio Performance Report.