Principal Real Estate Investors
Des Moines, Iowa
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Principal Real Estate Investors is the dedicated real estate investment group of Principal Global Investors. Principal Real Estate has continually integrated ENERGY STAR programs and resources into its energy management and investment strategies and has continued its corporate commitment to energy conservation. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 252 buildings in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, totaling 54.2 million square feet and $13.2 billion in real estate value.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification at 28 buildings in 2020.
- Completing its Energy Playbook Program, helping 75 properties achieve more than 19 million kilowatt hours of energy savings and a reduction of $2.8 million in annual energy costs.
- Completing its second year of its PRPI Cornerstone Awards program and recognizing three properties for their sustainability leadership, with special emphasis on energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR, by sharing their accomplishments with stakeholders via property team newsletters, Twitter posts, website articles, and award packets to the winning teams.
- Expanding its PRPI initiative to industrial properties by benchmarking over 85 industrial properties in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. Principal also joined the ENERGY STAR industrial working group to create sustainability best practice resources for industrial properties.