PPL Electric Utilities
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
PPL Electric Utilities delivers electricity to more than 1.4 million customers in Eastern and Central Pennsylvania. PPL Electric Utilities launched its ENERGY STAR® programming in 2010 with certified lighting and has since expanded to include refrigerators, refrigerator recycling, and heat pump water heaters. PPL Electric is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for making great strides toward evolving its residential retail program to respond to changing market conditions to achieve its energy efficiency goals. Key accomplishments in 2014 include:
- Partnering with 56 retail chains in 443 markets, including big-box stores and small independent stores, to conduct more than 3000 retail visits and sales associate training sessions on ENERGY STAR products.
- Facilitating the sale of more than 320,000 ENERGY STAR certified compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs and nearly 450,000 certified light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs through participating retailers. Having successfully transformed the CFL market, PPL Electric transitioned to an all LED focus in the second half of 2014, leading to a 600-percent increase in LED SKUs and a 689-percent increase in LED bulb sales from 2013 to 2014.
- Providing incentives for more than 4,000 new ENERGY STAR refrigerators, while retiring and properly recycling more than 7,200 older refrigerators and freezers. PPL Electric increased customer incentives for refrigerators as part of its transition to promoting ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2014 Refrigerators to deliver even more energy savings to customers.
- Offering advice on purchasing ENERGY STAR products through nine community outreach events and 157 in-store events.
- Saving PPL Electric Utilities customers about 42,000,000 annual kilowatt hours of electricity.