Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco)
Washington, District of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco) is an electric utility serving the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. Through its ENERGY STAR® initiatives across multiple program areas, which have spanned over a decade, the company has saved 3 million megawatt hours of electricity. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of nearly 500 ENERGY STAR certified homes, an increase of 65% compared to 2021.
- Partnering with affordable housing developers and incentivizing more than 160 multifamily senior housing units to achieve ENERGY STAR certification.
- Saving an average of 4,000 kWh for all-electric homes and 1,197 kWh and 121 therms for natural gas-heated homes participating in Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES), while also partnering with Washington Gas & Light to offer incentives, exceeding HPwES program participation goals by 200 natural gas customers.
- Requiring ENERGY STAR certification for all small business kitchen and refrigeration projects, increasing the installation rate of ENERGY STAR certified kitchen products from 7% in 2020 to 100%.
- Achieving savings of more than 4,600 MWh through its ENERGY STAR appliance program.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® through their Building Tune-Up program, which saw a 400% increase in training participation and was publicized in a media campaign, resulting in over 17.9 million impressions.