Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco)
Washington, District of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco) is an electric utility. Pepco introduced a “Certificate of Completion” for homeowners completing projects in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program. The three-tiered program is based on the size and scope of the completed project and includes silver, gold and platinum certificates. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy use in electric homes by an amount equal to emissions from 300 gallons of diesel fuel and by an amount equal to 140 gallons of diesel fuel in natural gas-heated homes.
- Continuing an incentive program that rewards customers as much as $7,500 based on projected savings.
- Installing major upgrades, including more than 500 high efficiency heating and air conditioning systems and more than 400 heat pump water heaters.
- Generating over 65,000 MWh in annual savings from the sale of ENERGY STAR certified appliances, heat pump water heaters, HVAC equipment, and lighting.
- Providing incentives for the construction of nearly 500 ENERGY STAR certified homes and more than 450 ENERGY STAR smart thermostats, yielding more than 900 megawatt hours of energy savings.