Potomac Electric Power Company
Washington, District Of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco), a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation, has been providing electric service to the Maryland and Washington, DC area for nearly 120 years, serving 842,000 customers and is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Pepco demonstrates leadership in the energy efficiency industry by offering ENERGY STAR New Homes, Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES), and promoting ENERGY STAR certified products and the ENERGY STAR certified buildings program.
- Continuing to deliver HPwES to customers with immediate energy savings, increased by 40 percent since 2018, to the sum of 11,080 megawatt hours (MWh). This was partially achieved through the installation of 144,000 ENERGY STAR certified LEDs.
- Transitioning to a performance-based incentive where incentives are based on the energy savings generated by the job. Project scopes of work increases energy savings by nearly 30 percent.
- Adding ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats, air purifiers and dehumidifiers to an already robust list of ENERGY STAR appliances rebated through its appliance program. Through the third quarter of 2018, the program estimates saving 440 MWh of energy from smart thermostats alone; Pepco also launched the ENERGY STAR Retail Products Platform.
- Developing a series of new reports that highlight performance metrics granularly for HPwES participating contractors. The program provides courses, mentoring, and progress tracking to improve performance.
- Supporting the construction of over 600 ENERGY STAR certified homes and achieving a 4th consecutive year over year increase in the number of homes certified.
- Increasing building energy performance through the Energy Savings for Business Program by installing ENERGY STAR certified commercial products and requiring the use of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager in multiple programs.