Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco), a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation, provides electric service to the Washington, DC metropolitan area and serves 815,000 customers. In support of the EmPOWER Maryland Energy Efficiency Act of 2008, Pepco launched both residential and commercial programs. Pepco is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its dedication to the ENERGY STAR program across multiple areas. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Paying incentives on nearly 400 ENERGY STAR certified homes, saving 80 megawatt hours (MWh) of energy.
- Working with more than 50 retailers to promote ENERGY STAR-certified lighting to customers, and adding marketing innovations such as geotargeted web banners to inform mobile phone users about in-store discounts when in proximity to participating retailers.
- Leveraging the ENERGY STAR Light the Moment campaign and educating customers through in-store and pop-up lighting events on the benefits of ENERGY STAR certification for lighting.
- Saving customers more than 660 MWh in energy consumption through rebates on more than 2,800 appliances including ENERGY STAR certified dryers, clotheswashers, refrigerators, heat pump water heaters, and pool pumps.
- Partnering with EPA’s Responsible Appliance Disposal program and providing incentives to customers to properly recycle old inefficient appliances and upgrade to ENERGY STAR where applicable.
- Implementing a successful new incentive structure designed to encourage more comprehensive Home Performance with ENERGY STAR projects, and increased energy savings compared to the previous program structure.
- Installing ENERGY STAR certified lighting at commercial and industrial sites through the EmPOWER Maryland program, citing ENERGY STAR branding and name recognition as a critical component of its success.