Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco)
Washington, District Of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
PEPCO, an Exelon company, provides electric service to the Washington, DC metropolitan area. In support of the EmPOWER Maryland Energy Efficiency Act of 2008, PEPCO launched programs for the residential sector (2008) and the commercial and industrial sector (2009). PEPCO is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence its support of the ENERGY STAR program across multiple areas. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Shifting its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program to adopt a performance-based incentive structure as opposed to a cost-based structure, an innovative concept designed to increase confidence in and value of energy savings.
- Using HPwES Energy Coaches for proactive outreach to audit participants who had not proceeded with the work recommended in their audit.
- Placing whole house air sealing at the top of the prioritized list of measures each residential audit participant receives.
- Providing incentives for more than 290 homes, bringing the program total to 1,845. Through innovative digital marketing techniques, Pepco generated more than 3 million impressions among home buyers and home builders.
- Effectively promoting ENERGY STAR certified products across a wide variety of residential and commercial product categories, including appliances, lighting, and commercial food service (CFS) equipment; and helping small business customers avoid more than 2,000 megawatt hours (MWh) of energy use through the installation of more than 1,700 ENERGY STAR-certified CFS products in 2016.
- Supporting commercial customer use of EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® by providing energy data in a format that can be directly transferred into the tool.