Potomac Edison (FirstEnergy)
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Potomac Edison, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy, is an electric utility serving nearly 400,000 customers. In 2019, Potomac Edison demonstrated leadership in promoting the construction of ENERGY STAR certified homes within its service territory. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of more than 1,100 ENERGY STAR certified homes and installation of nearly 1,400 ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats, producing more than 2,600 megawatt-hours of savings.
- Introducing a Spanish Training Initiative to provide technical training materials in Spanish for air sealing and insulation installation crews working on ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Introducing a requirement that all ENERGY STAR certified homes have 90 percent LED lighting installed, ensuring higher adoption of ENERGY STAR lighting by program participants.
- Hosting a training on HVAC Quality Installation that introduced home builders and energy rating companies to the new ANSI Standard for grading the installation of HVAC systems.
- Hosting an annual Maryland ENERGY STAR New Homes Program Award Ceremony, which recognized the leading home builders and energy rating companies participating in the Maryland utilities ENERGY STAR New Homes programs.