Portland Cement Association
Washington, District of Columbia
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Portland Cement Association (PCA) is a policy, research, education, and market intelligence organization serving America’s cement manufacturers. PCA played a key role in promoting investment in energy efficiency technologies and practices and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions while furthering the cooperative relationship between PCA members and the EPA ENERGY STAR industrial partnership. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Promoting ENERGY STAR cement plant certification so that 13 cement plants earned the ENERGY STAR by achieving top energy performance.
- Engaging members to participate more fully in the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Cement and Concrete Manufacturing group, including supporting energy best practice benchmarking activities among the industry.
- Organizing members to commit to develop a roadmap to decarbonize the industry across the concrete value chain by 2050.
- Supporting informational efforts to promote current strategies for reducing carbon emissions from cement manufacturing, including the challenges of using more cements that have lower carbon-emitting profiles.
- Promoting the achievements of its members in the ENERGY STAR program and informing members of opportunities to learn energy management strategies.