Portland Cement Association
Washington, District of Columbia
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Portland Cement Association (PCA) is a policy, research, education and market intelligence organization that serves U.S. cement manufacturers. Since 2003, PCA has supported ENERGY STAR and U.S. cement producers in their efforts to benchmark the energy performance of cement plants and improve the energy efficiency of these production facilities. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Collaborating with EPA to produce the first, second and third versions of the ENERGY STAR cement plant energy performance indicator (EPI), a tool that has enabled plant comparisons, goal setting and improvement.
- Incentivizing cement producers to participate in ENERGY STAR through recognition of the energy accomplishments of companies and plants.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt Campaign to all U.S. cement producers. As a result, several significant cement producers participated.
- Providing forums for industry and EPA to discuss energy management and promote strategies for enhanced energy savings.
- Elevating energy management to the senior levels of PCA leadership to inform cement company executives.