Pinellas County Schools
Partner of the Year
Pinellas County Schools (PCS) is a public school district in Florida. PCS has a long-standing commitment to preventing energy waste, optimizing building and comfort systems, and creating a culture of sustainability. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Saving more than 69 million kWh of electricity, 378,000 therms of natural gas, and 646,000 gallons of water, for total savings of $8.7 million this year.
- Raising the average ENERGY STAR score to 75.3, a 5 percent increase over 2019.
- Saving over 1 BBTU of energy, reducing energy bills by nearly $37 million, and avoiding more than 235,000 pounds of carbon dioxide since 2015.
- Sustaining an energy incentive program which allowed all schools to earn discretionary dollars based on their performance on six energy audits conducted throughout the school year.
- Collaborating with the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Department to provide outreach to students and the surrounding community by participating in STEM after school programs and promoting ENERGY STAR initiatives.