Pinellas County Schools
Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Pinellas County Schools (PCS) is a public-school district in Florida. PCS has a long-standing commitment to preventing energy waste, optimizing building and comfort systems and creating a culture of sustainability. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Avoiding more than $7 million dollars in energy costs and 48 million kilowatt hours (kWh) of electricity in 2019.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 90 schools in 2019.
- Engaging with the energy management team through monthly meetings to identify methods to improve the processes toward energy conservation goals, to include ENERGY STAR partner initiatives.
- Updating and maintaining detailed HVAC zone maps for each instructional facility, which allows conservation of energy through better planning and consolidation of activities.
- Sustaining an energy incentive program which allows all schools to earn discretionary dollars based on their performance on six energy audits conducted throughout the school year.