Somerset, New Jersey
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
Philips is a leader in developing sustainable, innovative, and energy efficient lighting technologies. Philips strives to improve people’s lives through meaningful innovation and shape the future with exciting new lighting applications and platforms such as light-emitting diode (LED) technology, which provides attractive benefits and never-before-possible sustainable lighting solutions, while delivering energy efficiency. Philips is a technology company that cares about people with a goal to improve the lives of three billion people a year by 2025. Philips is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to driving change through its strategic partnership with the ENERGY STAR program, and through product innovation and creative promotion. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Developing an engaging new LED Bay at The Home Depot which educates and demonstrates to consumers the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products, including hands-on dimming of ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs.
- Adding more than 120 new ENERGY STAR certified products (a 33-percent increase), including the innovative and affordable SlimStyle LED lamp and luminaire product offerings.
- Educating 3,000 retailer and distributor employees on ENERGY STAR lighting through a variety of vehicles, including the Philips Lighting Application Center, email, newsletters, online videos, and in-store training events.
- Participating in ENERGY STAR consumer outreach by sharing information on ENERGY STAR lighting through community events, social media, point of purchase materials, print advertising, and the company web site, resulting in more than 36 million impressions.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR awareness at an Atlanta Hawks basketball game with SlimStyle LED lamp giveaways and Hawks 360 Magazine, Game Program, and Media Guide advertisements featuring ENERGY STAR certified products.