Purchase, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
PepsiCo, Inc. is one of the world’s leading food and beverage companies with a global portfolio of well-known brands including Pepsi-Cola, Frito Lay, Mountain Dew, Gatorade, Quaker Foods, and Tropicana, among others. PepsiCo is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued commitment to promoting strong energy management practices throughout the food and beverage business community. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Improving energy efficiency in operations by over four percent to deliver more than $8 million in U.S. productivity gains in the past year.
- Working upstream of the company to reduce climate impacts within its agricultural supply chain through a Sustainable Farming Initiative. Suppliers are supported in reducing water use and on-farm energy use, replacing synthetic fertilizers, and improving farm yields. More than 700 farmers and 500,000 acres of farmland have been impacted so far through the Initiative.
- Searching out energy savings by conducting 16 Deep Dives, similar to plant Energy Treasure Hunts, at Frito Lay facilities.
- Supporting activity in the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Food Processing and delivering industry leadership.
- Reaping energy savings through its global water management program through improvements to water-use efficiency for anticipated worldwide year-end cost savings of $15 million and avoiding the use of 14 billion liters of water.