Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Homes Rater/Provider
PEG, a home energy rating and HVAC design engineering company, certified more than 7,000 homes as ENERGY STAR® in 2021, for a cumulative total of nearly 90,000 since 2007. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Expanding participation in ENERGY STAR with both existing and new builder partners, recruiting several regional builders that will deliver thousands of new ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Spearheading several pilot programs for the new HVAC Grading Standard that documented improved accuracy of equipment installation and reduced comfort-related warranty expenses, resulting in a large production builder partner committing to adopt HVAC Grading in all of its new homes.
- Providing technical support for Fannie Mae's Green Mortgage-Backed Security (MBS) program, which issued more than 400 million dollars in green bonds backed by loans secured with single-family properties achieving ENERGY STAR certification.
- Publicizing ENERGY STAR on all social platforms and promoting the program to all potential new clients.
- Enhancing its field data collection application to improve the efficiency and quality of ratings for ENERGY STAR certified homes.