Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Homes Rater/Provider
PEG, a home energy rating and HVAC design engineering company, certified more than 6,000 homes as ENERGY STAR in 2020, for a cumulative total of more than 82,000 since 2007. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Expanding participation in the ENERGY STAR program with both existing and new builder partners, despite challenges brought on by COVID-19 restrictions and increased lumber costs.
- Providing standardized HVAC design for 50,000 homes, supporting compliance with ENERGY STAR requirements and enhancing construction consistency and system performance.
- Developing a process that enabled the inclusion of ENERGY STAR certified homes in the Fannie Mae Green Mortgage-Backed Security program.
- Partnering with RHEIA (an engineered HVAC distribution system) to pilot a new HVAC duct system designed to more easily meet ENERGY STAR program requirements.
- Sharing ENERGY STAR messaging on all social platforms and promoting the program to all potential new clients.
- Enhancing its field data collection application to improve the efficiency and quality of ratings for ENERGY STAR certified homes.