PECO Energy Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
PECO Energy Company is an electric and natural gas utility in Pennsylvania. PECO effectively leveraged ENERGY STAR® throughout its residential portfolio and developed strategies to help customers pursue deeper energy savings opportunities. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Introducing a bonus rebate strategy to motivate PECO residential customers to move forward with deeper measures including ENERGY STAR certified ductless mini-split and air-source heat pumps, heat pump water heaters, and heat pump clothes dryers, which contributed to rebates on nearly 8,800 ENERGY STAR certified appliances and more than 9,500 rebate applications for ENERGY STAR heating and cooling products.
- Working with more than 140 big box, independent, and family-owned appliance retailers to provide incentives on a wide range of ENERGY STAR products ranging from air purifiers and vent fans to room air conditioner and heat pump water heaters.
- Performing nearly 2,000 energy assessments resulting in about 275 post-assessment projects such as HVAC tune-ups, whole-house air sealing, and attic insulation, resulting in electricity savings of 222 MWh.
- Providing incentives for the construction of more than 800 ENERGY STAR certified homes, a 39% increase over 2021, delivering more than 900 MWh of annual energy savings.
- Expanding its residential new construction program to include incentives for ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats, leading to more than 450 new installations.