PECO Energy Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
PECO Energy Company is an electric transmission and distribution utility. PECO successfully leveraged the ENERGY STAR label and messaging to increase customer and supplier awareness about the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified lighting, appliances, heating and cooling equipment, and new homes. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Helping customers save more than 1,950 MWh in electricity through programs offered on a wide array of ENERGY STAR certified products including air purifiers, vent fans, clothes washers and dryers, dehumidifiers, heat pump water heaters, refrigerators and freezers, room air conditioners, and variable speed pool pumps.
- Leveraging the ENERGY STAR name and mark to promote heating and cooling, and incentivizing more than 14,800 certified units, delivering combined savings of more than 6,400 MWh.
- Transitioning its lighting program to focus on specialty LEDs including ENERGY STAR certified candelabras, globes, and reflectors.
- Providing incentives for the construction of more than 500 ENERGY STAR certified homes, a six percent increase over 2019, saving homeowners more than 970 MWhs of electricity annually; garnering more than 155,000 impressions from related social media resulting in a 106 percent increase in web traffic.
- Modifying its in-person quality assurance protocol for ENERGY STAR certified homes by utilizing live, on-site video to conduct virtual verification inspections.