PECO Energy Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
PECO is an electric and natural gas utility subsidiary of Exelon Corporation serving 1.6 million electric and 518,000 natural gas customers. Since 2009, PECO has leveraged ENERGY STAR® in its Smart Ideas program, encouraging businesses and residents to look to ENERGY STAR to save energy, money and protect natural resources. PECO is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for notable support of the ENERGY STAR Certified Products and Certified Homes programs. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Saving its customers more than 2.7 million megawatt hours through ENERGY STAR- related program offerings over the past eight years.
- Promoting the sale of more than 1.8 million ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs and saving 76 million kilowatt hours (kWh) of energy through instant discounts on qualifying bulbs and fixtures at the point of sale.
- Building an informed trade ally network to educate consumers during critical sales opportunities, with nearly 10,000 certified appliances rebated by the program for estimated annual savings of 6,698,000 kWh.
- Paying incentives on more than 270 ENERGY STAR certified homes, a 92 percent increase since 2016, while saving more than 1,000,000 kWh.
- Increasing the number of participating builder partners to 17, a 112 percent increase since 2016, and re-designing the program to include multifamily units.
- Leveraging the ENERGY STAR Flip Your Fridge promotion to cross market its recycling and refrigerator incentives and prominently display the ENERGY STAR promotional mark. PECO’s appliance initiative led to the recycling of more than 12,000 older refrigerators, freezers and room air conditioners.