Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
PECO is an electric and gas utility serving Pennsylvania. In 2021, PECO promoted ENERGY STAR® throughout its residential portfolio to save its customers more than 20,000 MWh. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Using multiple channels to provide discounts on ENERGY STAR certified products in more than a dozen product categories.
- Educating low-income customers on replacing aging equipment with ENERGY STAR certified heat pumps to reduce winter bills.
- Implementing an “Energy Answers” advertising campaign focused on helping reduce energy use with ENERGY STAR certified lighting and appliances.
- Providing incentives for the construction of nearly 600 ENERGY STAR certified homes, a 12% increase over 2020, and saving homeowners more than 1140 MWh of electricity annually.
- Expanding its program to include 10 new ENERGY STAR builder partners and demonstrating leadership in promoting energy-efficient homes through participation in the Building Industry of Philadelphia Green Committee and several other organizations.