Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
PECO Energy is an electric and gas utility receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence Recognition. PECO Energy is being recognized for its sustained excellence in promoting a vast array of ENERGY STAR certified products to residential and commercial customers, as well as ENERGY STAR certified new homes. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified heating and cooling (HVAC) equipment including central air conditioners, air source heat pumps, and ductless heat pumps. Through direct outreach to customers as well as enhanced interaction with contractors/trade allies, about 1200 ENERGY STAR certified HVAC units were rebated in 2018, saving customers more than 2,300 MWh.
- Working with 333 retailers, small and large, to promote the sale of ENERGY STAR certified lighting, as well as 114 national and regional retailers to promote the sale of ENERGY STAR certified appliances including air purifiers, ventilation fans, clothes washers and dryers, refrigerators and freezers, room air conditioners, pool pumps, and water heaters. Estimated savings from these efforts through October alone are nearly 45,000 MWh.
- Supporting the construction of 376 ENERGY STAR certified homes, representing a 27 percent increase from 2017. The program also implemented online search and social media advertising to increase homebuyer awareness of ENERGY STAR certified homes, generating more than 200,000 impressions and more than 1,800 visits to PECO's new homebuyer’s webpage.
- Working with commercial lighting distributors to promote instants savings on LEDs, including seven ENERGY STAR certified lighting measures—approximately 25 percent of program induced purchases were for ENERGY STAR certified products. PECO also leverages ENERGY STAR certification for commercial food service equipment incentives.
- Tying into the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry by educating challenge participants about rebates that could help them achieve their goals. A recent email campaign delivered a 19 percent increase in unique open rates and direct response from 90 participants interested in PECO incentives.