Parkway School District
Partner of the Year
Parkway School District (PSD) is a public school district in Missouri. PSD achieved energy use reduction goals by implementing a comprehensive approach to energy improvements, community engagement, and curriculum development. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Saving over $6 million in energy costs and preventing the emissions of more than 77,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide since 2010.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification at seven schools in 2020.
- Benchmarking 100 percent of district buildings and raising the average ENERGY STAR score to 83, an 11-point increase over 2019, and reducing portfolio-wide source energy use intensity by 25 percent from a 2015 baseline.
- Preparing comprehensive school board policies on sustainability and energy that include designing new construction and renovation projects to be ENERGY STAR certified, purchasing ENERGY STAR certified equipment, and the monitoring and tracking of district energy use.
- Converting interior lighting at 18 buildings spanning over 1.7 million square feet and district-wide exterior lighting to LED since 2015.
- Promoting the ENERGY STAR Home Energy Yardstick and energy conservation best practices to students, staff, and the community through the district-wide Sustainable Schools Challenge.