Paramount Group, Inc.
New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Paramount Group, Inc. is a fully integrated equity real estate investment trust. Paramount Group has demonstrated a commitment to energy management and ENERGY STAR®, leveraging ENERGY STAR tools, resources, and recognition opportunities to promote best practices to internal and external audiences. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 12 properties, representing 93% of its portfolio.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR Tenant Space recognition for its corporate headquarters, circulating a one-pager to its tenants to promote the recognition, and identifying pathways to help cover the cost of recognition for interested tenants.
- Leveraging data with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® to forecast emissions through 2050, identifying how energy efficiency plays a key role in its emissions reduction strategies, and establishing a shadow price for a theoretical cost per ton of carbon emissions to inform future investments.
- For ENERGY STAR Day, coordinating the blue lighting of its 1301 Avenue of the America’s Plaza, while inviting tenant contacts across 1.7 million square feet of leased space to join the festivities and celebrate the leadership of ENERGY STAR.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR to tenants with lobby screens, e-blasts, and one-pagers with ENERGY STAR certification information, internal and external signage, newsletters, and webinars.