Ellicott City, Maryland
Partner of the Year
New Homes Rater/Provider
Pando Alliance, a home energy rating company focused on sustainability consulting for affordable housing, certified more than 850 dwelling units as ENERGY STAR in 2020. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Delivering 19 customized ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction presentations about the program’s requirements, best practices, and updates to its design team partners.
- Providing preliminary design services for more than 40 competitive low-income housing tax credit projects submitted to the state of Maryland, all of which are pursuing ENERGY STAR certification.
- Successfully advocating for adoption of the ANSI/RESNET/ACCA 310 HVAC Grading Standard, an important new element of the ENERGY STAR residential new construction programs.
- Introducing senior-level peer shadowing in the field to ensure consistency in assessing program compliance and facilitating ongoing peer-to-peer quality assurance to promote best practices.
- Expanding its ENERGY STAR oriented consulting and rating services further into Pennsylvania and Virginia.