Ozinga Bros., Inc.
Partner of the Year
Ozinga is a construction materials and logistics service provider. The company developed a motor study program that provided insights into motor performance and enabled the design of motor management changes for energy efficiency. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Maintaining energy intensity achievements, despite the challenging conditions of 2020.
- Creating an anti-idling screw air compressor program using compressor settings and additional air storage to minimize energy idling.
- Initiating quarterly energy management team meetings to ensure broad engagement and communication across the company. The team includes representatives from maintenance, information technology, finance, and communications.
- Completing a diverse set of projects affecting energy efficiency in compressed air systems, truck engine block heating, transportation fuel accounting, sprinkler system improvement, and shutdown of dust collector fans when not in use.
- Sharing energy management best practices among the partners in the ENERGY STAR industrial network.