Partner of the Year
Owens Corning develops, manufactures, and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Many of the company’s products and systems save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Owens Corning is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its vigorous energy management program. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving an average reduction in energy intensity of more than 3 percent per year for the past five years.
- Completing 77 energy projects for a savings of $7.8 million in 2015.
- Expanding its use of clean power by implementing three renewable energy projects, including a 2.4 megawatt solar canopy and two wind power supply agreements for new installed capacity.
- Allotting and sustaining a dedicated capital funding pool specifically for energy projects.
- Building a strong company energy team with energy leaders at plants and several Certified Energy Managers (CEM) throughout the organization.
- Implementing a system for sharing best energy management practices across the company, ENERGY STAR Partner Share, to help develop new ideas and to learn from ENERGY STAR industrial partners.