Orange & Rockland Utilities, Inc.
Pearl River, New York
Partner of the Year - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Orange & Rockland Utilities, Inc. is an electric and gas utility. Orange & Rockland effectively leveraged ENERGY STAR certified products for its residential products program, helping save customers more than 55,000 MWh. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Offering instant rebates for ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats at major retail outlets.
- Saving over 32,000 MWh of energy through its lighting program and increasing the number of retailers participating in the program to include stores that serve hard-to-reach customers.
- Adding a low-income distribution plan to its lighting program to directly ship ENERGY STAR LED light bulbs to food pantries, which were seeing a higher demand for resources due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Offering incentives for ENERGY STAR certified heat pump water heaters sold at retail or installed by a contractor in conjunction with the installation of an air source heat pump as part of the New York State Clean Heat program.
- Providing merchandizing support and sales training that featured ENERGY STAR through more than 500 store visits.