Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Olin Brass is a manufacturer of copper and copper-alloy sheet, strip, foil, tube and fabricated components in North America, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. The company has developed an energy management program from the ground up using ENERGY STAR energy management guidance and tools. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a 1.6 percent improvement in energy intensity over 2017 and 6.6 percent since 2015.
- Building a machine level energy intensity model to enable better management of energy performance on the shop floor.
- Benchmarking best energy management practices with ENERGY STAR industrial partners.
- Motivating managers through performance standards tied to energy and environmental goals.
- Conducting a treasure hunt of the casting plant with four teams consisting of participants from the company’s plants and other cross-functional departments to identify potential projects with annual savings of $441,265. The largest discovery was replacing the casting bay lights to reap $33,000 in annual savings.
- Reaching out to eight community organizations, including a school district where the company supported school leadership, conducted a school energy walk-through, and provided information on energy saving options and energy incentives. As a result, an entire school was re-lamped with LED lights.