Partner of the Year
Olin Brass is a leading manufacturer of copper and copper-alloy sheet, strip, foil, tube and fabricated components in North America. The company has developed a sustainability program from the ground up using ENERGY STAR® energy management guidance and tools. Olin Brass is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for the commitment of employees and management to build energy management into all operations. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy intensity by 1.8 British thermal units per pound since 2016. Since becoming an ENERGY STAR partner, the company has saved nearly $7 million through energy management.
- Studying the factors that influence individual plant performance through enhanced metering and energy mapping to determine methods for advancing improved plant energy performance.
- Sharing its energy management best practices with other ENERGY STAR partners in the manufacturing sector, including a fertilizer producer.
- Completing treasure hunts at two plants, identify 58 projects and completing 17 projects for $223,390 in savings with a 0.36-year payback.
- Rewarding plants that achieve energy intensity reductions with the Olin Brass Presidential Green Initiative and the Shining Star awards.
- Communicating to employees, several local college classes and communities about ENERGY STAR and energy management opportunities these groups may take to save at home and work.