Partner of the Year
Olin Brass is a leading manufacturer of copper and copper-alloy sheet, strip, foil, tube, and fabricated components in North America. The company is focused on improving its operations and in spreading energy management strategies to other businesses within its organization. Olin Brass is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for formulating an energy management program with EPA’s ENERGY STAR resources. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving more than a six-percent reduction in energy intensity over the past year for savings of $1 million.
- Establishing a system consistent with the ENERGY STAR energy management guidelines across the company’s operations so that the system now provides opportunities for worker engagement, training, and reward for energy achievements.
- Engaging all six of its U.S. plants in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry so that each plant is working to improve energy intensity by 10 percent or more. Employees at Olin’s East Alton, IL, Brass Mill reduced energy intensity by more than 13 percent in 4 years and were recognized for their achievement.
- Showing leadership among industries in the State of Kentucky by meeting with manufacturers on the value of energy management and ENERGY STAR resources.
- Formulating a plan that will be implemented to expand Olin Brass’ energy management program to an overseas plant and to its sister company businesses.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR industrial energy manager network by sharing management strategies.