Ohio Hospital Association
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Ohio Hospital Association is a statewide federation of 237 hospitals and 13 health systems, receiving Partner of the Year recognition. The Ohio Hospital Association provided members energy efficiency resources leveraging ENERGY STAR tools to reduce energy costs of Ohio hospitals while improving public health. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 59 percent of its member hospitals in EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and helping generate an average of .9 percent energy savings since 2014, a 36 percent improvement above the national average.
- Certifying three new Ohio hospitals as ENERGY STAR, with a total of 13 certified since 2014.
- Recruiting 116 hospitals to join the fourth state-wide Ohio Energy Cup, an ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings-style competition.
- Promoting Portfolio Manager as an essential tool to track and verify energy savings using social media, website, and newsletters to more than 12,000 followers.
- Increasing ENERGY STAR benchmarking to 82 percent of critical access hospitals in its membership.
- Negotiating with over 30 Ohio utilities to receive monthly energy data on hospitals to provide its members monthly ENERGY STAR scores.