The Ohio Hospital Association
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Ohio Hospital Association (OHA) is a statewide federation of 219 hospitals and 13 health systems, working together to improve patient care and quality. OHA is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its commitment to utilizing ENERGY STAR tools and strategies to reduce energy costs while reducing harmful emissions. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Saving participating hospitals more than $50 million in energy costs since 2009.
- Recruiting over 100 hospitals in the Ohio Energy Cup, an ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings competition to save energy.
- Using ENERGY STAR program resources to help hospital contestants save an estimated $750,000 worth of energy in the first six months of the competition.
- Launching, in conjunction with the Texas Association of Healthcare Facilities Management, the Ohio-Texas Energy Battle, the first state-versus-state competition to save energy.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR tools including the Hospital Checklist, Data Trends, Competition Guide, and the EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® benchmarking tool.