Office Properties Income Trust - GOV Portfolio
Partner of the Year
Office Properties Income Trust – GOV Portfolio is a real estate investment trust which primarily owns office properties that are majority leased to the U.S. Government and other government tenants. GOV is receiving Partner of the Year recognition and has demonstrated an ongoing dedication to its energy management program, leveraging ENERGY STAR tools and resources in unique ways to communicate throughout its organization. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 67 buildings in 2018.
- Hosting its third annual internal energy competition which recognizes the top three building teams that improve the ENERGY STAR score at their property the most and implements the most energy efficiency measures over a three-month period.
- Implementing an active real-time data capture program with automated weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reporting on ENERGY STAR scores, energy consumption, and energy related spending at 26 buildings.
- Dedicating yearly capital allocation for energy and sustainability projects including a capital equipment replacement program that supports high-efficiency end-of-life replacements over code-compliant like-for-like equipment selections.
- Providing direct messaging to tenants via email blasts and common space postings regarding ENERGY STAR recommendations for simple ways to reduce energy consumption.